For now the client setups are hosted directly inside the Nuxeo server.
In the future, we may want to have the client setups hosted on something like drive.nuxeo.com or updates.nuxeo.com, pretty much as we used to do for the Firefox plugins.
The ideal update process should :
- be driven from the client side
- in most of the cases the Nuxeo Server won't have access to internet whereas the client will
- fetch a descriptor about possible updates (XML or JSON file)
- take into account the Nuxeo Drive Server side version to check what is the most up to date client version
- download the update if needed
- we don't need a real auto-update, downloading and restarting the installer is ok