The actual docker image is 1.87GB, dive reports:
Total Image size: 1.9 GB
Potential wasted space: 350 MB
Image efficiency score: 82 %
The size comes from:
- 202MB centos 7
- 112MB yum update
- 324MB AdoptJDK installation
- 844MB libreoffice and converters
- 185MB nuxeo distribution zip file
- 204MB nuxeo distribution
2 main problems are:
- JDK8 is present: It seems that we're currently packaging the openjdk 8 binaries within our Nuxeo Server Docker image in addition to AdoptOpenJDK 11.
The JDK seems to come from libreoffice installation. Libreoffice has planed to remove usage of java mainly due to cost of java 11 upgrade.
In the end, if we can't use the JDK we packaged, we should run libreoffice with a JRE which is lighter than the JDK.
- the Nuxeo distribution ZIP archive is present in the underlying layer (185MB waste)