Current theme management has several issues that we'd like to address for an easier declaration and override of themes:
- css declarations are merged with the layout structure template (lack of modularity + easier to handle pure css files for most users)
- no possible merge of themes/pages/presets as well as external resources (scripts or css)
And other needs are not filled right now:
- possibility to change the theme "skin" or "flavour", but keeping the layout structure (so keeping the same page definition), by static contribution, or dynamically (local themes)
- possibility to use the same global style for parts of the page that are common to several themes (header and footer for admin/dm/home views for instance)
- easier Studio integration: avoid duplicating the entire theme + better presentation of what's customizable
=> this issue gathers all steps to prototype a solution to answer these problems and needs.