The Aspera Connector was developed for 10.10 and, therefore, it is only compatible with that version of Platform.
The reasons around this were that its development started some time ago (almost two years) and, at the time, 10.10 was the existing master.
Now that the connector is more stable and it seems to have business value, it would be interesting and important to have it on our current master, 11.x. That's the reason why we need to forward port it.
Some work was already done under SUPINT-1779 in order to get an hardcoded/hacked version of some components (Aspera Connector, Web UI, ...) and ensure that we could, at least, see it running against a 11.x server.
As a first step we need to:
- Fix the identified issues;
- Correct the hardcoded/hacked stuff;
- Ensure our CI is able to build and validate the new versions;
After that, we also need to:
- Define a versioning strategy, branch and releases approach;
- Migrate the current code (specially on the UI side) to match the stack used on 11.x;