The nuxeo-page-provider-display-behavior already has the ability to toggle select all on and off. However, this is rather inefficient and there is no way to toggle it from the UI. The goals of this task are manyfold:
- Improve the performance of the selectAll method, which currently iterates through all items and sets the selected attribute to true. This is inefficient if we have too many documents. We should set the selected property only on loaded items. (see code).
- Allow the ability for select all to be enabled or disabled, on elements using this behavior (see poc for nuxeo-web-ui and nuxeo-elements).
- Expose a capability property to delegate the ability to toggle select all to a parent element (see poc).
- Make select all available in the header of the nuxeo-data-table, which will be responsible for its own selection.
- Make nuxeo-data-list, nuxeo-data-grid and nuxeo-justified-grid delegate the select all ability to the parent element.