Affects Version/s: 2.0.3
Fix Version/s: 2.0.4
Currently, versionning process works like this:
- User creates a tag
- User choose the tag and promote it as a version for which he can give whatever name he wants.
The fact that there is no control on the name of the version is a problem for being consistent in the update center. Studio should completely control the versioning convention on the project.
Versioning should be on three digits (like packages) and starts with 0.0.0-beta1
To change the version, the user has three buttons:
- Upgrade First version digit: it goes to 1.0.0-beta1
- Upgrade Second version digit: it goes to 0.1.0-beta1
- Upgrade Third version digit: it goes to 0.0.1-beta1
He also has buttons that helps manage the "beta" part, useful to qualify a version before sending it in production.
- Upgrade beta digit: 0.1.0-beta1 goes to 0.1.0-beta2
- Promote version : 0.1.0-beta1 goes to 0.1.0
In the update center, on the marketplace tab we list the last promoted version (without -beta), and on the studio tab we list everything.