Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 62
Fix Version/s: None
In NXQL, when I execute a query select * from DocumentType I am returned all Document of types that inherit from the declared type. But the same is not true of activation rules or containment rules.
Two specific use cases from a customer:
- I would like to be able to show/hide a Tab and a User Action based on the document type, but including any sub-types (and would like to avoid having to list them all as the list will grow over time)
- I would like to define containment rules for a folderish document to allow children of a given type but including any sub-types (ideally this would be an 'optional' flag/checkbox).
Flushing this idea out fully, adherence to 'inheritance' should apply to all ways of filtering (ref: https://doc.nuxeo.com/studio/filtering-options-reference-page/ ) such as Query Filters, Activation (Workflows, Tabs, Event Handlers, Actions, etc).
Potential compromises to achieve the same result for Use Case #1:
- a filter option for 'inherits from'
- an EL expression operator instanceof
- a filter option or EL expression hasSchema