Infrastructure will be done in Nuxeo (nuxeo-platform-webapp-base or nuxeo-platform-ui-web, to see), specific UI will be done in DAM.
- Introspects all the selected documents and get the common layouts
- Add to it the layouts defined in the "merge" or "bulkedit" section
- Add an action to launch the bulk edit
o a new popup in Nuxeo DAM
o a new page in Nuxeo DM
- The metadata chosen will override the ones set in the documents
2 steps in the edition:
1. The first view displays the common layouts in edit mode. A checkbox will be available for each widget to know if the user want to set this metadata or not.
2. The second view displays a summary of what will be modified (based on the first view).
No DocumentModel will be maintained on the backend to keep the metadata, only a Map.
What will be needed by the infrastructure (in Nuxeo):
- a Seam bean handling the bulk edition
- a xhtml fragment listing the common layouts. This fragment will be used in the Nuxeo DM's page or in the Nuxeo DAM's popup.