Affects Version/s: 10.10
When invoking a Bulk Action using the automation Bulk.RunAction/@async with invalid parameters no error is returned in the status nor in the logs.
For instance, when cvsExport is configured to use an ES scroller and its validation fails:
How to reproduce:
- configure bulk action cvsExport to use an ES scroller with the following XML extension:
- retrieve the UUID of a folderish document
- run the bulk action cvsExport on the folderish document (replace the UUID in the request payload) with a faulty schemas parameter (* being an invalid value):
- it produces the following output:
- extract the status URL from the response header Location and request the status of the bulk action's execution:
- it produces an output similar to this:
Actual result: state value is UNKNOWN and no error is reported in the logs
Expected result: an error must be returned
Note that from the Bulk Service point of view it is normal to return a bulk status UNKNOWN because invalid commands are rejected and never processed.