Affects Version/s: 10.10
When invoking a Bulk Action using the automation Bulk.RunAction/@async with invalid parameters no error is returned in the status nor in the logs.
For instance, when cvsExport is configured to use an ES scroller and its validation fails:
- configure bulk action cvsExport to use an ES scroller with the following XML extension:
- retrieve the UUID of a folderish document
- run the bulk action cvsExport on the folderish document (replace the UUID in the request payload) with a faulty schemas parameter (* being an invalid value):
- it produces the following output:
- extract the status URL from the response header Location and request the status of the bulk action's execution:
- it produces an output similar to this:
state value is UNKNOWN and no error is reported in the logs
an error must be returned
Note that from the Bulk Service point of view it is normal to return a bulk status UNKNOWN because invalid commands are rejected and never processed.