Affects Version/s: 10.10
Component/s: Web UI
Release Notes Description:
- Widget styles moved from layouts to the nuxeo-styles module.
- Added --nuxeo-widget mixin.
- Added --nuxeo-results-view-min-height and --nuxeo-results-view-height css variables to nuxeo-results.
- Removed iron-positioning style from nuxeo-styles.
Sprint:nxGang Sprint 11.1.14, nxGang Sprint 11.1.15
As described in
NXS-5205, we need to think about a better way to provide common doc type layouts styles.
Original issue is that View Designer does not generate the proper css styles for metadata layouts. It adds:
while it should have generated:
I believe the metadata layouts needs these special CSS rules to behave well on the right-hand side of the browser.
The easy fix would be to make sure VD handles this specificity for metadata layouts (which we could maybe do for a 10.10TP fix?).
However, this is hardly maintainable as next time we'll change or add specific rules to a layout type, VD will also need adaptations.
Possible solutions/things to check:
- shouldn't we need the the metadata styles on all layouts?
- introduce some layouts common styles and add:
to our html layouts. We could even introduce per layout type styles e.g. nuxeo-doc-metadata-layouts-styles
However, adding a layout style module will fragment styling between this module and nuxeo-styles. We will instead clean up nuxeo-styles, making the layout css rules more specific, and adding these to nuxeo-styles. See specs in TL-313. From now on, elements scaffolded on studio should now have include="nuxeo-styles" on their style block.