The fix done by
NXP-24508 and the underlying mechanism probably prevents from having a correct versioning: when a file is edited from MS Office, Nuxeo tries to handle the MOVE command sent to WebDAV and actually moves the document from a location to another. Because of that, it seems that a modification is not detected and therefore no increment is done.
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to Nuxeo JSF UI and browse the Administrator personal workspace
- Import a .docx file document in this workspace
- Connect a WebDAV drive.
- Navigate to mapped network and open the .docx file.
- Make changes to the document and save.
- Close MS Word.
- Go back to Nuxeo JSF UI and observe that the version was not incremented.
Looking at the history, there are many Save events and 2 Move events
Expected behavior: the version is incremented according to the versioning rules.
- is related to
NXP-24508 Fix update of a Word file from MS Office through a WebDAV drive