This is for a MVP uses story for a customer which is implementing its first Nuxeo DAM in early June.
As a user, I need to be able to invoke a download from my (Nuxeo-backed) portal, so I can use Aspera download manager for secure and approved accelerated file transfer.
As a user, I need to be able to invoke an upload to a target Folderish document using Aspera Connect.
Some additional use case information:
The primary requirement for Aspera is to support the downloading of a large number of files and large files for our end users.
We would like Nuxeo to integrate with Aspera to provide a download manager that would enable users to download all assets from their download cart (shopping cart functionality was custom implemented using Nuxeo clipboard)
Usage scenarios that we are anticipating are:
- Users downloading upwards of 200 to 300 files at a time.
- Users may be downloading all kinds of files i.e. JPEG, MOV, PDF, DOC, ZIP, SITX, AI, PSB, etc.
- File Sizes can range anywhere from 20 MB and upwards of 30 GB.
Digital Librarian Experience (in Web UI):
- Should be seamless to them as Nuxeo should be able to facilitate the downloading of files from S3 to the client machine through Aspera.
- Aspera Connect would be the ideal external download manager (vs. building a download manager inside the Web interface).
- Aspera Connect is a native web plug-in.