- we are starting re-indexing from the JSF Admin Center Screen
- we are getting the number of documents from this same screen
Looking at the underlying code here:
It is not sure this is the best approach
We should be able to extract the number of documents from the indices themselves without having to do a query.
Below on the screen, we have indices metadata that seem to provide a # of documents, but:
- the number is different on each chard
- the number if about 10x bigger than the one we compute using a query
- review the way we do the count
- check that this is consistent when we do re-index several times
At this point, we are not excluding the option that there are problems tied to the re-indexing itself. The goal is to make sure that the counters are 100% reliable.