We want to add APIs and implementation for being able to annotate a document. An annotation can be bound to
- a document
- more specifically to a version of a document
- or to a document within a review (= an instance of a workflow).
We want a Java service as well as some operations or an endpoint. (An endpoint is likely to be preferred). Scope of the REST API should be:
- ability to post an annotation with the position of the annotation on the document (it can be a position on the picture stored in the main file, or a time and position if itis a video...)
- ability to fetch (with some filtering options ) annotations related to a doc
- ablity to fetch conversation for a given annotation
- ability to post a new comment, o a reply to a specific comment, for a given annotation.
Annotations textual information should be part of the full-text index of the annotated document.
Format of the annotation should be in the future the W3C specified format for annotation, but we may use the one provided by th client side layer at first (to be arender).
It should be possible to link a threaded conversation to an annotation. In that conversation it is possible to post messages and attach a binary (video, mp3, picture, office file)