Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 10.2
The goal of this topic is to introduced Drag and Drop functionality to improve asset location management and collection-based workflows.
The user should be able to
- move items from containers to containers
- add assets to from container to collections
- move or add assets from search result to collections or containers
Currently, changing asset location is a complex user operation. User selects assets, copies to a clipboard, navigates to targeted container, opens clipboard and moves (a button) documents there. This is not natural for all users and has too many steps in it, even just to move assets to a sibling container or an ancestor.
Another identified problem is user stories that are based on collection usage. Collections can be used to categorize and hold assets in a semantic / bias fashion. Users can share these collections and collaborate together with entities.
But there can be several steps involved to add to a collection. User selects assets, taps on “add to collection”, search a collection or creates a new one.
Detailed information on Attachment
Move to containers
- Allow drag and drop to containers.
- Selected assets are draggable
- to containers on same result list (on all list types)
- to browse tree
- to favorites's containers
Add to collection
- DnD to collections
- Same behaviour collections
- also to collections on collection drawer
Collections special use cases not included in this epic
On result list and document tree, have attribute to enable/disable DnD