There are still some cases where Nuxeo Runtime does not behave cleanly and makes debugging harder than needed.
NXP-16642: should detect
- duplicated component name
- extension point not found
- missing requirements from non optional components
- invalid XML contribution
- missing file referenced from MANIFEST
When Nuxeo Server starts, in case of error (bad contribution, bad startup handler ...), Nuxeo Runtime should stop right away and display the error if it is a "grave" error or if "strict mode" is enabled.
Use cases to review, warnings at startup also need improvements, see
Using FeatureRunner is great, but if for some reason there is an error during the setup of one of the feature, the test fails and this is usually very difficult to debug:
- because it does not say there is a setup issue
- because the logs and exceptions are swallowed
-> TODO: give examples