The dependency check seems to be done on the already installed package instead of the remote one.
Steps to reproduce (on 8.1):
- start with a Nuxeo with no package
- link it to a Studio project using target platform 8.1, with no package
- install it using the "update" hot reload button from the admin center => ok
- on Studio side, add the "virtual navigation" package as a dependency, for instance
- install it again using the "update" hot reload button from the admin center => KO
The dependency check should warn that the virtual navigation package is not present.