This epic is driven by the need of a plugin for helping Nuxeo Platform users publishing video resources in Wistia without leaving Nuxeo Platform Web UI.
This epic will lead to the development of three addons:
- A Content Web Publishing addon (note: final name to be determined), that defines
- a new placeholder in Nuxeo Platform Web UI where are listed all the external publishing places deployed on the platform that are enabled
- a schema and facet to store the remote ids on the documents
- A nuxeo-platform-wistia addon that defines
- user actions and implementation for sending a video from Nuxeo Platform to Wistia, as well as web API
- user interface to read information that comes from the published content on Wistia
- authentication logic (unless this is factorized out in the previous addon).
- A nuxeo-platform-youtube addon that defines
- user actions and implementation for sending a video from Nuxeo Platform to Youtube, as well as web API
- user interface to read information that comes from the published content on Youtube
- authentication logic (unless this is factorized out in the first addon).
Once the epic is completed, it will be possible to validate the following functional scenario:
- Nuxeo Platform user can upload a video (video document type). It has a new user action (or tab) called Content Web Publishing that displays a view with a “Wistia” section. In the wistia section, A button “Publish on wistia”.
- Clicking on the “Publish on Wistia” action, user is requested to choose an authentication profile, and then the video is sent asynchroneously to wistia. As a result, the Wistia section now displays useful information and user actions:
- wistia publishing status
- link to get the html snipet
- url of the video on wistia
- button to “republish.”
- User gets the html snippet and put it on the website where he wants to display the video.
Pretty much the same story can happen for Youtube