Affects Version/s: 5.9.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Ergonomy & UX
Today the login is composed by:
- a header (hideable) with a background (not customizable), a logo (customizable) and links (not customizable)
- a main content with the login box (customizable) and a news feed (not customizable)
- a footer (hideable) with copyright links (not customizable) and platform version (not customizable)
In Studio a user can:
- chose a background image and make it cover all the screen
- chose a background color
- remove header, news and footer (that are not customizable)
- customize the login box (background + width)
- update the css
- chose a specific logo: the logo used in platform pages is taken and glued on top left
- customize links and news
About the newsblock: missing target"_blank" since a month and a half: I'm wondering if we have analytics on it to see if it's used.
About links in header: Usually you don't want users to get out of your product before trying it. Do we have analytics on them to see if it's used ? I'm for removing them and keep/add them in the footer of the platform pages.
About the header: as it adds more complexity than simplicity, we could remove it (a header is not mandatory and not a need for everyone) and let users add the background image they want (with a small logo in it, a giant, a header or not, etc ...). See [http://cm.cloud.nuxeo.com/nuxeo/login.jsp|cm.cloud.nuxeo.com]
- depends on
NXP-20225 Make a new login screen compliant with Nuxeo Mobile, the new Web UI, Drive, etc.