Some clients have a crappy LDAP and/or crappy network so they have authentication issues when Nuxeo is trying to do LDAP operation.
Since this is a recurring problem, even if this is not really a Nuxeo issue, we probably have to work on finding a workaround.
To do that we would have a new kind of mixed LDAP/SQL directory that :
- tries first to authenticated against LDAP
- store (cache) the result in a SQL DB
- catch errors and falls back to SQL data if LDAP access fails
The idea is basically to :
- replicate progressively the LDAP inside a store that is managed by Nuxeo
- provide transparent fall-back