The goal: Having the "nuxeo" folder outside $TOMCAT_HOME.
Following the ADMINDOC/Creating a Nuxeo Static WAR instructions:
- Deploy the generated files in a tomcat folder
- Change the 4 parameters so the directories are created elsewhere than inside $TOMCAT_HOME: nuxeo.runtime.dir, nuxeo.data.dir, nuxeo.tmp.dir and nuxeo.web.dir (in webapps/nuxeo/WEB-INF/web.xml)
- Start tomcat
You will see that:
- The 4 folders are correctly created where you want
- Still, a "nuxeo" folder is created:
- Inside $TOMCAT_HOME if you started tomcat from here
- Or inside $TOMCAT_HOME/bin if you started if from bin
- If you do 2 tests, one from $TOMCAT_HOME and one from $TOMCAT_HOME/bin then you'll have 2 "nuxeo" folders
So, it looks like the nuxeo.runtime.dir parameter is not taken into account?