Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 5.8
Component/s: Ergonomy & UX
'message_banner.xhtml' template has been changed to use new tag 'nxh:messages' that uses jQuery Ambiance plugin to display the Faces Messages. If you overrode the template, you need to update it to use the new tag.
The 'h:messages' tag still work but it won't push notification to the jQuery plugin.
Allow to quickly close the feedback messages (when we don't need / want to wait for the timeout before clicking on something that's hidden by the message, for instance the actions in DAM).
Closing it by:
- clicking on it
- clicking on a 'close' link
We have 4 types of messages:
- status messages: currently not closable, only displayed during N seconds (draft saved, document created, etc)
- status messages with links: displayed permanently until the user answers the question / does the action (restore? Yes / No or You should restart your server -> restart button)
- administrator message: not closable, displayed permanently until the admin remove it
- chrome frame message: closable, displayed permanently until the user close it
Since all the messages should be closable, we could think about having only one type of messages + parameters to chose:
- the display time (permanently / temporarily)
- the styles (info, warning, success, error, admin)
- maybe the position ( default like status messages, center, bottom, … It can be handled by a secundary css class)
If the user puts the cursor on the message the temporarily messages should stay visible until:
- he move the cursor outside the message box
- he close the message by clicking on the X button or a link (status messages with links)