Support for HTML content in a largetext String property via the nuxeo-html-editor element that is used for Note type in Nuxeo is significantly less functional that what is available in the JSF UI today.
When viewing the document, the rendering is very similar (alignment, images, tables, simple font formatting, ordered and unordered lists, etc.). See attached screenshots for proof of this.
However, when editing the marked-up HTML directly in the browser (all tests under Chrome v67 MacOS), the following observations about the WebUI editor can be made:
- the JSFUI has a formatting toolbar always visible, whereas WebUI you must select some text before a floating toolbar appears (and it appears sometimes not near the cursor, and depending on your page space/size you cannot see it at all)
- the floating toolbar works only for text effects (bold, italics, underlined) but not style changes such as Normal, Heading 1, etc.
- there is no "justify right" option (only left, center, and full) (but the latter is quirky.. it seems to change the alignment of lines above/below those that are selected) (not a priority I guess)
- the image/table floating icon appears nowhere near the cursor
- "Insert Image" from floating toolbar does not work (but "insert Image From Camera" does)
- inserting a table will always place it at the beginning of the text, never where the cursor is – not possible to move it later either.
- there is no "edit source" which could at least allow the user (who knows simple HTML markup) work around these shortcomings.